We are a volunteer-driven organization with extremely low overhead. Our facility is modest and located in the neighborhood of those we serve. Over 90% of the generous donations we receive are passed through to our community in need.
What has God called you to do for thy neighbor?
St Martin de Porres Outreach Mission needs the hands and feet of good people to assist in providing food, education, training and assistance in a compassionate manner to the members of the Tice community in Fort Myers. There is no greater feeling than being of service to others.
Who and how do we serve? We serve with love, and we provide hope and assistance to those that need it most.
There are many ways to Give at SMDP.
- Direct financial assistance
- Volunteering your time & talent
- Donations to our food pantry
- Teaching students or adults
- Your prayers for our ministry
Frequently asked questions
St Martin de Porres Outreach Mission is located at 4711 Palm Beach Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33905. Our receiving dock is on the corner of Palm Beach Blvd and Flamingo Circle. You can simply pull up to the side of the building on Flamingo and knock on the glass door and someone from the kitchen will be able to assist you with unloading.
We accept donations from 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday.
Here are some general items that are often useful at the St Martin de Porres Outreach Mission:
- Non-perishable food: Canned goods, dry goods, rice, pasta, beans, and other non-perishable food items are always in high demand.
- Personal hygiene products: Toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deodorant, sanitary pads, diapers, and other personal care items.
- Clothing: Clean and gently used clothing, especially seasonally appropriate items like coats, hats, and gloves.
- Bedding and blankets: Sheets, blankets, pillows, and sleeping bags can provide much-needed comfort.
- Baby supplies: Formula, baby food, bottles, diapers, wipes, and other essential items for infants and young children.
- School supplies: Backpacks, notebooks, pens, pencils, calculators, and other school-related items.
- Medical supplies: Bandages, first aid kits, over-the-counter medications, and other health-related supplies.
- Toys and books: New or gently used toys, games, and books can bring joy and educational opportunities to children.
- Cash or gift cards: Monetary donations allow nonprofits to purchase specific items or address urgent needs.